Equality and Accessibility
As a Catholic school, we believe that to be in communion with Christ we have to understand that every person is equally important to God. Our Lady's is committed to ensuring equality for every person in the school community, regardless of age, disability, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, religion/belief and race.
Our Equality Objectives for 2017 - 2020 are:
- To continue to stretch children’s reading in key stage 2 – Year 6 2017 (90% Expected), 2018 (93% Expected), 2019 (100% Expected)
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils
- Develop governor understanding of equality legislation and implications for governor responsibility and accountability
- To improve the access to the school for people in wheelchairs or parents with buggies.
- Ensure school policies including the equality scheme are available on the school website.
The following are links to statutory information regarding the Equalities Act 2010: